Calcinator™ HexCalc is a tool for base conversion and bitwise operations on
Hex, Decimal, Octal, and Binary values. This type of tool is often used by software engineers and computer professionals.
The tool features four input fields:
- Hex - representing hexadecimal (base 16) values
- Dec - representing decimal (base 10) values
- Oct - representing octal (base 8) values
- Bin - representing binary (base 2) values
Eight bitwise operations are offered:
- AND - logical AND on two operands
- OR - logical OR on two operands
- XOR - logical XOR on two operands
- NOT - logical NOT or invert on one operand
- ←1 - shift one bit left on one operand
- ←2 - shift two bits left on one operand
- 1→ - shift one bit right on one operand
- 2→ - shift two bits right on one operand
To enter a value, select the field that represents the number base of the input value.When selected, a field will be highlighted red.
The keypad will only enter values that are legal for that number base. For example, Octal will only allow numbers to be entered from 0-7.
Click the = button to translate the input value into all other bases.
Bitwise operations AND, OR, XOR, NOT, Shift-L, and Shift-R are applied to all fields. The operations AND, OR, and XOR require
a second operand to be entered. For these operations, enter a value, select the AND, OR, or XOR button. This will highlight the selected operation.
Then enter the second value and press =. The operation will be applied to all fields.
The NOT, Shift-L, and Shift-R are single operand operations. To perform these, select the desired operation and press =. The operation will then be performed
on all of the fields.
The status window at the bottom shows two fields related to the calculated value:
- MSB - Most Significant Bit of the binary value expressed as 2n
- eParity - Even Parity of the binary value
NOTE: All HexCalc operations are truncated to integers. Decimal operations are not supported.
Shared Memory M1-M6
MS (Memory Store) and MR (Memory Recall) are used to store or recall values from six memory locations M1-M6.
To store a value to memory, select the field using the associated button and press MS.
To recall a value from memory, select the field using the associated button and press MR.
All memory values in HexCalc are translated to and from decimal values for compatibility with the other Calcinator™ Web Apps.